Best Vegan Skincare:
Why Vegan Skincare Is Better
More and more cosmetic products display vegan labels on their packaging, but what’s the difference with regular skin care and cosmetic products?
Vegan beauty originates from veganism, a diet that excludes the consumption of animal products or products related to the exploitation of animals. The values conveyed by veganism have in recent years spread to fashion and beauty.
Today, it is more and more common to read the word on the packaging of personal care products, whether it’s skin care, hair products or makeup.
Top Three Reasons
Is vegan beauty just a trend or is it truly benefiting your skin and hair? We wanted to know if and why vegan skin care is better than regular skin care:
1. Vegan beauty products are made from natural ingredients. These products are made essentially from plant-based ingredients and often contain no synthetic ingredients or chemicals. It’s always advised to use as little chemical substances on your skin as possible. Those substances are absorbed by your skin and can sometimes stay in your blood.
2. Vegan beauty products are focused on creating less environmental impacts. The brands that offer vegan beauty products are generally committed to reducing their ecological footprint, notably through eco-responsible packaging or a commitment to associations committed to the preservation of the environment. By using vegan beauty products, you also help reduce your carbon footprint and make a positive impact on the planet.
3. Vegan and cruelty-free certifications often go hand in hand. Most vegan beauty brands are also cruelty-free, meaning that they do not test their products on animals. Testing cosmetics on animals is cruel and unnecessary.In fact, many plant-based ingredients have been found to be just as effective as animal-based ingredients without the use of cruel testing methods.
But vegan doesn't mean organic, a common confusion is to believe that vegan beauty productsare not necessarily organic. Organic labels ensure that the ingredients are organically sourcedand free from hazardous substances, which is not the case of the vegan certifications.
Best Vegan & Cruelty-Free Skin Care Products
Vegan skincare is a rapidly growing industry for good reasons. These products are made from plant-derived ingredients and are less toxic on your skin. They’re also generally more environmentally sustainable.
So, if you’re looking to switch to a vegan skin care regimen or just want to try out some new cruelty-free products, be sure to check our vegan and cruelty-free skincare selection. We have three amazing products to recommend from Clemence Organics, Humbl Skincare and Merindah Botanicals.
1. Clémence Organics - Repair Face Serum
About Clemence Organics
Key: Vegan & cruelty-free, certified organic ingredients, Australian made, harsh chemicals-free, recyclable packaging, carbon neutral shipping, give to 1% for the planet
Price: $13 - $97
Products: cleanser, toner, moisturizers, lips and body
Repair Face Serum
Using nature’s restorative ingredients such as camellia, aloe vera, and vitamin C, this serum has been winning awards since 2019. Fast absorbing, this serum will leave skin feeling nourished and rejuvenated, with a light glow.
2. Humbl Skincare - Kissed By A Rose Scrub
About Humbl Skincare
Key: Vegan & cruelty-free, paraben free, Australian made, synthetic fragrance-free.
Products: cleanser, hydrating cream, masks, scrub.
Kissed By A Rose Scrub
Try their popular scrub with flower petals from jasmine, rose and chamomile to exfoliate and illuminate your skin. It is the most gentle, effective exfoliant on the market for sensitive skin!
3. Merindah Botanicals - Go To Glow Set
About Humbl Skincare
Key: Vegan & cruelty-free, certified organic ingredients, Australian made, harsh chemicals-free
Products: cleanser, toner, creams, masks and sets
Go To Glow Set
Everything you need in one set! This Go To Glow Set 3-part set includes our uplifting cleanser, calming toner, luxurious face cream, and purifying konjac sponge to create a complete beauty routine that restores your natural glow.
With so many cruelty-free skincare brands available in 2022, it's an easy choice to buy vegan and play your part! Each of the brands mentioned is proudly vegan and committed to skincare that's kind to our planet.
Which new vegan skincare product will you be shopping today?
About The Author
Bio: Melanie Manard is the founder of The Conscious Insider, a digital platform for sustainableand ethical lifestyle.You can usually find her reading, cooking or riding her bike.
If you love vegan and cruelty-free beauty products, check out her favourite vegan makeup brands and her guide to cruelty-free moisturizers.